If you experience any of the signs of an allergic reaction after wearing nitrile gloves, it's important to take action right away. Remove the gloves and wash your hands with a mild hypoallergenic soap. If the symptoms persist, you should seek medical attention. In severe cases, an allergy to nitrile gloves can lead to anaphylaxis, a potentially life-threatening condition.
According to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, four out of five people who develop an IgE-mediated latex allergy first experience allergic contact dermatitis. If you have a history of allergies or asthma, it's important to be aware of the potential risks associated with wearing nitrile gloves. Talk to your dentist about any concerns you may have and ask if there are any alternatives that may be better suited for you. If you think you may be having an allergic reaction to your dentist's gloves or masks, it's important to take action right away.
If symptoms persist, seek medical attention as soon as possible. Your doctor can help diagnose the cause of your reaction and provide treatment if necessary. It's also important to talk to your dentist about any allergies or sensitivities you may have. Your dentist can help you find alternatives that are better suited for your needs.
For example, if you're allergic to latex, they may suggest using vinyl or nitrile gloves instead. Your doctor can help diagnose the cause of your reaction and provide treatment if necessary.